The Europcar Prepaid Rates are subject to the following terms and conditions (the « Terms »). If the customer does not agree to these Terms, the customer may decline the Terms and stop the reservation process. Otherwise, the customer acknowledges having read and understood these Terms and agrees to be bound by them.
1. Prepaid rates are strictly non-discountable and cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. The Europcar Prepayment Confirmation received by e-mail or post is not transferable.
2. Rates exclude all applicable charges which are not expressly mentioned on the Europcar Prepayment Confirmation as included, and any optional additional services for which the customer may be liable. The renter (creditcardholder) of the prepaid reservation must be the renter/main driver of the rental agreement at time of pick up. A valid major credit card, the same used for the prepayment at time of reservation and issued in the name of the main driver must be presented to the Europcar rental counter at time of pick-up to cover any additional anticipated charges not covered by the prepayment amount. An authorisation will be obtained at time of rental and only on return of the vehicle will the corresponding charges be posted to the credit card.
3. In some countries, a non-waivable amount may apply if the vehicle is stolen or damaged, for whatever reason, even if Collision Damage Waiver, Theft Waiver and/or Loss and Damage Waiver has been purchased or are included in the rental charges.
4. Amendment to the reservation may affect the rental rates and may require a new Europcar Prepayment Confirmation to be issued. Changes requiring a Europcar Prepayment Confirmation to be reissued must be made at least 14 days prior to rental start date, unless the new Europcar Prepayment Confirmation can be sent to a fax number or an E-mail address, in which case changes may be made up to 72 hours prior to rental start date.
If the change consists of :
-modifying the vehicle group selected;
-adding a service;
no amendment fee will apply.
If the change consists of :
-modifying the name of the driver;
-modifying the rental dates/times:
an amendment fee of:
-5% of the prepaid rental amount will apply provided that the change is made more than 48 hours prior to the rental start date;
-10% of the prepaid rental amount will apply provided that the change is made less than 48 hours prior to the rental start date.
5. All cancellations must be received in writing by any means by Europcar with the Europcar Prepayment Confirmation attached and will take effect on the date and time received by Europcar. For reservations made through the Europcar reservation web site, cancellation may also be made through the Europcar reservation web site and will take effect at the date and time the cancellation is successfully recorded in the Europcar reservation system. A cancellation confirmation shall be sent to the customer.
The customer may cancel the reservation without charge provided it is done within 14 working days after reservation (reservation day not included) as mentioned on the Europcar Prepayment Confirmation and in any case before the due rental start date and time. After this period has elapsed, the prepaid rental amount shall be refunded less a cancellation fee calculated as follows : in the currency of prepayment of:
€ 50.- / £ 45.- / CHF 75.- / $ 65.-
No refunds shall be given if the customer fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date and has failed to notify Europcar in writing in advance of this date.
6. If the amendments to the reservation are not done according to Article 4, no refunds shall be given for rentals ended early or late collections, if the customer fails to collect the vehicle on the rental start date or cancellations made after the due rental start date.
7. All rentals are subject to standard terms and conditions of the Europcar Rental Agreement in effect at the time and place of rental. Minimum rental age and pre- requisites to drive a Europcar vehicle may vary from country to country and by car category.
8. All drivers must have a valid driving licence in effect at least one year (or more according to the renting country and the car category) prior to the rental start date and present it to the Europcar rental counter at the commencement of the rental. A valid major credit card (but no debit card, except Switch or Solo cards, in the UK only) must be presented at time of rental as provided in Section 2 above.
9. Only a car category can be confirmed. Specific make/model preferences are subject to availability at the time of rental.
10. Rental days are based on 24-hour periods commencing at the time of pick up. Additional day charges will apply if the Europcar vehicle is kept longer than specified (additional days begin after a 30-minute grace period and will be billed at the available public rate).
11. All drivers are informed that any information is supplied voluntarily in order to provide the car rental service and will be stored on a computerised database that all drivers can consult at any time to review and rectify his/her personal data on request to the Europcar Sales Administration Department of its country of residence.
12. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations set out in this article may not apply. In particular, nothing in these terms and conditions shall affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence or fraud of Europcar. You expressly acknowledge and agree that Europcar, its officers, directors, employees shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Europcar has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the booking and prepayment. These terms and conditions have been issued under French law and are accessible on www.europcar.com hosted on French territory. French law is applicable, and the Paris Courts have jurisdiction, to the extent provided for under Article 5-1 of the Rome Convention of 1980 and Articles 14 and 15 of the Brussels Convention.
13. It is agreed by and between all the parties that all disputes and matters whatsoever arising out of, in connection with or incident to the Europcar Prepayment Confirmation shall be litigated according to the laws in force and before the exclusive competent courts of the Europcar place of sale of the Europcar Prepayment Confirmation. For Europcar Prepayment Confirmations sold to the customers based in North America by any means and to any customers through the Europcar reservation web site, the French law shall apply and the Courts of Versailles shall have exclusive competency. All disputes and matters whatsoever arising out of, in connection with or incident to the Europcar Rental Agreement or the ultimate car rental shall be litigated according to the terms and conditions of the Europcar Rental Agreement.
Hotline +41 (0)848 80 80 99
@ Europcar 2016